Dum Ka Chicken in traditional method — A popular Hyderabadi dish known as Dum ka Murgh, is a very rich, aromatic and flavourful dish; chicken cooked in its own juices combined with a lot of spices, almonds, and cream in the slow cooking method.
How to make Hyderabadi Dum ka Chicken Preparation Recipe (6 ratings)
101 reviews so far
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 40 mins
Dum Ka Chicken
Main Ingredient: Chicken
Servings: 4 persons
Published date: 5.1.2017
Ingredients used in Dum Ka Chicken
- Coriander powder 1 Tablespoons.
- Shahi jeera 1/2 Teaspoons.
- Cumin powder 1/2 Teaspoons.
- Cardamom 4 Numbers.
- Cinnamon sticks 3 Numbers.
- Cloves 5 Numbers.
- Green chilly paste 1 Tablespoons.
- Red chilly powder 1 Tablespoons.
- Yogurt 1 Cup.
- Ginger garlic paste 1 Teaspoons.
- Fried onions (medium size) 2 Numbers.
- Cashew nuts 1 Tablespoons.
- Chicken 1000 Grams.
- Chironji 1 Tablespoons.
- Turmeric 1/4 Teaspoons.
- Mint chopped 1/2 Bunch.a
- Salt To Taste.
- Lime juice 1 Tablespoons.
- Coriander chopped 1/2 Bunch.
- Oil 2 Tablespoons.
How to make Hyderabadi Dum ka Chicken Preparation Recipe is here:
- Take chironji and cashew nuts, put into the blender and add the water make a paste.
- Take a pan(with lid) add chicken, add the paste of chironji and cashew nuts, fried onions, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, red chilly powder, green chilly paste, whole garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, salt.
- Chopped coriander, chopped mint and squeeze the lime juice and add oil mix this well rest it for 2 hours, after that take out the chicken and
- Add water(optional if required as gravy), then take the lid and place the edges with the dough on the lid and seal it.
- cook this in a medium to flame for about 15 minutes and reduce the flame and place back the pan on an iron tawa and cook this on a slow flame for 25 minutes.
- Then switch off the flame and leave it aside, serve this with a roti, or rice.